Genealogy resources include:
- Cemetery records
- County, family and local histories
- Federal census for the entire state of Kansas from the Territorial Period in 1855 through the 1920 Census.
- Genealogical periodicals
- How-to manuals
- Kansas Census, the census which the state of Kansas took five years after each federal census. It is available for the entire state for 1865 and 1875. It is available for Wyandotte County, Kansas from 1885 through 1925.
- Newspapers on microfilm include The Kansas City Star and Times from 1880 through the present, The Kansas City, Kansan from 1916 to the present, The Wyandotte Herald and The Kansas City, Gazette (late nineteenth century newspapers), The Kansas City Call, an African-American newspaper from 1915 to the present and some short run newspapers published in Wyandotte County.
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps on microfilm from 1885 through 1908 and maps for Kansas City, Kansas.
- Yearbooks for the Kansas City, Kansas High Schools