- 5” grapevine wreath or
- 26” of thin, round, basket-weaving reed
- String or Crochet Thread
- You may purchase a 5” grapevine wreath from a craft supply store.
- One wreath will make several dream catchers because you will cut it apart. The hoop for the dream catcher only needs to be three or four thicknesses of grapevine.
- After you shape the wreath as in step 2, tie the grapevine with string in two places to secure it closed. The hoop should measure about 5” across.
- To begin making the dream catcher “web” tie one end of the string to the circle you have just made.
- Proceed around the hoop at even intervals, wrapping the string as shown. Make at least 7 or 8 wraps around the hoop. Keep the string pulled tight.
- You may add beads to decorate as you go along.
- When you have gone around the entire circle, start the next set of wraps in the center of the first wrap made.
- Continue around until only a small circle remains open in the center of the hoop. When you have the small circle in the middle tie off the circle, but leave about four inches of the string so that you may attach beads and a feather.
Tie a loop of string to the top for hanging.