Home / Kids / Crafts / More Crafts...
/ Heartlight Candle Holders
- Empty baby food jars
- Modge Podge Gloss-Lustre (available at local craft stores)
- Tissue paper (any color)
- Wrapping paper
- 1" Paintbrush
- Votive candles or tealights
- Take the outer labels off of the empty baby food jars and thoroughly clean.
- Cut out heart shapes and squares from the tissue paper and wrapping paper. Also, cut any ribbon pieces you would like to use. Plan the pattern ahead that you would like to make before you apply the Modge Podge.
- Read the instructions on the back of the Modge Podge container.
- After you have decided where you want to place the above items in #2, brush a moderate coat of Modge Podge onto the jar.
- Place the decorative pieces onto the jar, on top of the Modge Podge that you have brushed on. The Modge Podge acts as a glue.
- Add any buttons or sequins at this time.
- Let dry and apply another coat which will act as the sealer. When this is dry you may add another coat if you wish. This will make any buttons or sequins more secure.
- After the jar is completely dry, put a candle inside.
- Be sure there is always adult supervision whenever your candles are lit.