- Wrapping paper
- Cut rectangles from wrapping paper to measure 2" x 5". The more you make the longer the garland.
- Fold each rectangle in half lengthwise. Open up and lay on flat surface.
- Fold the bottom edge up to the crease mark.
- Fold the top edge down to the crease mark.
- Fold bottom edge up to meet top edge and crease. The piece now measures 1/2" x 5".
- Fold piece in half crosswise and crease. Open up again. This marks the center.
- Fold in both ends in to meet at the center crease. It now measures 1/2" x 2 1/2".
- Fold in half again so piece measures 1/2" x 1 1/4".
- Make several of these. Now you're ready to join the folded pieces together to make your garland.
- Interlock the pieces at the open ends as show in the diagram below. Slip the second piece into the first at an upward angle. Then the third is slipped in downward, fourth upward, fifth downward and so on.